Audison Prima APBX 8 AS2 8" Active Subwoofer Enclosure Compact Sub Box 400w RMS
Next Working Day Delivery
Select Express Delivery at the checkout, Unfortunately we do not offer a Saturday Delivery.
PRIMA APBX 8 AS ACTIVE SUB BOX
Subwoofer Box | 500 W Peak Power | 200 mm | Active Subwoofer
Audison Prima was designed to meet the interest of the car model enthusiasts who like to appreciate all the nuances of the musical message with components that are perfectly integrated in the car OEM system, preserving the most precious Prima on Audison requirement of OEM integration: space.
The Prima APBX 8 AS2 active subwoofer, with the 8-inch driver, features a dedicated high-performance amplification module that enhances all the passive box technologies, such as the 2S² (2 Sides / 2 Sounds) design, the Plug & Play terminal block and ultra-compact size.
- Integrated 250 W RMS 0.4 ohm2 D-Class amplifier featuring he-li technology
- (high efficiency / low impedance) without switching power supply, for a
- performance next to ideal.
- Input stage DBT (Dynamic Bass Tracking) technology allows 100% use of the He-Li (High-Efficiency Low Impedance) amplifier power and to enjoy a
- tense and dynamic bass even at very high listening volumes.
- Butterworth low-pass filter at 12dB/Oct. with variable cutting frequency (50-300 Hz), phase control (0-180°), and adjustable bass-boost
- 0÷6 db 45Hz.
- Defeatable filter to use the sub-dedicated output of a bit or AP bit processor.
- High-level audio input on multi-pin connector for maximum OEM
- integration and low level on RCA for aftermarket sources.
- ART turn-on function (Automatic Remote Turn-On) is selectable among Remote-in, Hi-level, Audio signals.
- Box with ultra-low profile (6.22 in. / 158 mm) in air suspension, designed to take full advantage of the performance of the 8-inch APS 8 DL
- high-impedance driver.
- The SSP (Sub Smart Plug) terminal block is provided with a Plug & Play connector to be able to disconnect the box easily and safely.
- The 2S² (2 Sides / 2 Sounds) design provides the ability to select between
- Down-Firing positioning to increase the low-frequency extension and
- Up-Firing installation to obtain more punch and definition.
- Down-firing leveling feet with Velcro inserts included for a secure grip with the carpet, ensuring extreme ease of removal.
- Rounded corners allow easy placement in the trunk and act as a
- reinforcement to reduce enclosure resonances.
- Exclusive design of the cone, dust-cap, and basket geometry to achieve a wide linear excursion (9 mm in one direction), keeping the depth required for assembly to a minimum.
- HRC AP remote control included.
- Sturdy metal grille is included, for total protection of the subwoofer driver.
The amplification module, with power outputs of 250W RMS, is developed with he-li technology (high efficiency / low impedance), which thanks to the absence of the DC-DC voltage booster reaches the impressive 90% efficiency level, very close to the theoretical limit of the D-Class. New input stage DBT (Dynamic Bass Tracking) technology allows 100% use of the He-Li (High-Efficiency Low Impedance) amplifier power and to enjoy a tense and dynamic bass even at very high listening volumes. Eliminating the voltage booster was made possible thanks to the development of the new dual coil drivers, which inherit all the technological background of the Prima subwoofers, but differ for the ultra-low impedance.
This feature ensures a perfect synergy with the He-Li (High-Efficiency Low Impedance) technology, maximizing the combination of amplifier, speakers, and sealed box, to obtain low, powerful, and crisp frequencies. The controls section is complete and provides an optimal regulation of the low-frequency emission in the car cabin. The Butterworth low pass filter at 12dB/Oct. with variable cut-off frequency (50-200 Hz) can be bypassed when used with an AP bit processor with pre-out output dedicated to the sub. The adjustable bass-boost control (0 ÷ 6 dB) at 45 Hz allows the user to emphasize the response on the lower side of the spectrum.
The high-level speaker-in input on the multi-pole connector eases the integration with OEM audio systems while the low-level input on RCA is dedicated to the connection with after-market sources. The subwoofer automatic turn on/off function ART (Automatic Remote Turn-On) can be configured to be controlled by the source remote signal, by the voltage variation on the high-level input, or by the audio signal on both inputs. Phase control (0 - 180°) completes the equipment.
The SSP (Sub Smart Plug) terminal block is provided with a single Plug&Play connector to be able to disconnect the box easily and safely.
- Size 200 mm
- Power Handling - Peak 500 W
- Power Handling - Continuous 250 W
- Magnet Material HIGH DENSITY FLUX FERRITE
- Cone Material WATER REPELLENT PRESSED PAPER
- Dimension A 368 mm
- Dimension B 294 mm
- Dimension C 135 mm
- He-Li technology High efficiency / Low impedance amplifier without switching power supply, for a performance next to ideal.
- 2S² (2 Sides / 2 Sounds) design Provides the ability to select between Down-Firing positioning to increase the low frequency extension and Up-Firing install to obtain more punch and definition.
- SSP (Sub Smart Plug) terminal block Provided with a Plug&Play connector to be able to disconnect the box easily and safely.
- Dynamic Bass Tracking DBT monitors the input signal in real time by detecting in advance the peaks which, if not processed, will bring the amplifier / subwoofer system into uncontrolled distortion, when it is pushed to maximum power.
- APBX 8 AS
- Hi Level
- Hex Key
- HRC AP
- Terminal block
There are no reviews for this product.